playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker GUI  (Read 7924 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Playmaker GUI
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:40:13 AM »
I am working on a Global Timer so that i can run scripted animations for my project ( a product demo app). I decided on this approach so that i can access a global timer value and have FF and RW and Pause Play buttons to run through the many different sequenced events... i hope i am not crazy on this..

Anyway I have been fiddling with PlayMaker GUI stuff for a few hours and can not get it to work. When i add a GUI button it adds the PlayMakerGUI script to my object and also to the root of the Hierarchy... Then i get a warning that there should only be one instance of the PlayMakerGUI but if i delete one then i get an error that a reference script does not exist or something like that..

I am adding my button to my main camera just like in the tutorial.. But it tells me that my object needs a collision object or a GUI component to work... so i put on a GUI Texture and the error goes away.. The buttons seem to do something but if i make a basic Mouse Down transition and then a Mouse Up transition it does not work.. The transitions do not do anything... i wanted to have it that when i pressed my button the Timer value that i am displaying FF or RW.

I did get it to almost do something if i did a Finished transition on my FF State but it was so fast that it barely FF at all unless i ramp up the value to a crazy number because it is only flashing once to my FF state not cycling on it like i want.

I am 100% sure i am just doing something basic wrong but after hours of reading and messing around i can just not get it to work...

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Playmaker GUI
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »
So i noticed that in the GUI demo the PlayMakerGUI is in the root of the hierarchy but in the example files with GUI stuff the PlayMakerGUI is attached to the object?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Ok, so i have been playing with one of the example scenes instead of mine as mine still has errors i dont understand..

I have been using events to fire my FSMs and that works good... except how to i get a state to loop? I want my button down state to loop so that i can FF my timer the whole time the button is down instead of just one increment per click. I tried a few things but nothing seems to be working...

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:24:53 PM »
Hey i just tried setting it from every second to every frame... ohhhh you can have both those buttons on... Yea.. now it works like i thought it should. I thought you used either or on those buttons for the Float Add....

yea.

Still dont get the other errors i was getting though.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
If Playmaker adds a second PlayMakerGUI component to the scene, that's a bug. I can't repro here though... do you have repro steps? Would you mind reporting it in the Playmaker bugs section? Thanks!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:28:39 AM »
Sure no problem... What i did i think was add one manually which in the docs or tutorials says you can do..... But when i would do that it would do its automatic thing at the same time and i end up with two... So i ended up deleting them all and then when i either opened the file again or clicked on a GUI object it would realize it needed one and would put one in.... Then all was good.. I deleted my old GUI ones as they seemed to be referencing a script that i had deleted or something.

My problems with the buttons was just my ignorance of how the GUI Texture works and mine was just too big and off the screen i think.. i redid it all and looked at more example files and have something working now...

Still not sure on the playMaker buttons though... i am sure they will come now

I have my timer running now with FF and RW and Pause and Play.