playMaker

Author Topic: Prefab button doesn't do anything in 1.9.p5  (Read 1609 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Prefab button doesn't do anything in 1.9.p5
« on: December 26, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
This prefab button doesn't do anything in 1.9p5

I expected that it will select prefab on project window or open editing prefab mode, but it doesn't do anything. Is that normal? And how can I find prefab that I'm editing from error check window in current workflow?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Prefab button doesn't do anything in 1.9.p5
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »
Hi, I'll look into the Prefab button.

There is a fix for selecting Prefab FSMs in the Error Check Window in the next update, coming soon...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
You should only see the prefab button when editing an FSM in a prefab stage. Right now it's more informational than anything else, reminding you that you're editing a prefab.

I was debating if it should have a menu in 2018.3+.

The problem with a Select Prefab option is that it would deselect the FSM in the PlayMaker editor (same as clicking on the asset now in Project view). The PlayMaker editor uses the same logic as the Unity Inspector - you have to Open the prefab to edit it.

Maybe an option to ping the Asset so you can find it?

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:35:05 AM »
Maybe an option to ping the Asset so you can find it?
By ping asset you mean select it in project window?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »
PingObject generally highlights an object without selecting it. It lets you quickly find assets in the project. Why do you want to select the Prefab? A selected prefab now just shows an Open button in the Unity Inspector. If you’re editing an FSM on a prefab you already have it open... is it to find the prefab to drag it into a scene? Do you want it to close the prefab stage? You can see what a simple Select Prefab option would do now by manually selecting the prefab in the Project view - is that the behavior you want, or something else? Sorry if I’m being obtuse, just wrapping my head around what’s useful in this new workflow...