playMaker

Author Topic: Curvy - missing Playmaker Actions  (Read 4688 times)

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
Re: Curvy - missing Playmaker Actions
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »
I am trying to work around the lack of this action. I think I've found a way to do it, but in order for my system to work, I need to be able to add an object type 'CurvySpline' to an array's prefill type (using ArrayMaker). I haven't found a way to add 'CurvySpline' objects (or any non-standard object) to an array.

Either that, or I need to be able to extract a 'CurvySpline' object from a Game Object, without using 'Get Property', because I need to get the CurvySpline from a Game Object variable, rather than directly from a specific game object.

Any ideas?

*EDIT: To clarify:

I have a Spline Controller on the object. However, I am unable to Set Property 'Spline' with a game object. It requires a 'CurvySpline' object. But I have not found a way to get a CurvySpline object from a GameObject without using 'GetProperty', which will not work for me because I need to get the spline from a random game object.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:36:02 PM by ToxicFrog »

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 10:57:30 PM »
I came up with a workaround - it's horribly inefficient, but it works:

1. I have an FSM on each CurvySpline game object that uses 'Get Property' to save its spline as an object type 'CurvySpline'

2. I send an event to this FSM to capture the CurvySpline object and send it back to the object as a CurvySpline object, which I can then use as a variable

This works, but it seems ridiculously superfluous to have to do it this way.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 03:11:07 AM »
Hi,

Have you contacted the author, maybe he can create the necessary actions to do so.

Bye,

Jean