playMaker

Author Topic: Vuforia PlaymakerIssue[SOLVED]  (Read 1670 times)

garrettskye

• Playmaker Newbie
Vuforia PlaymakerIssue[SOLVED]
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »
I've built a Unity Application that downloads a Vuforia Dataset from the web, creates Image Targets at runtime, and then downloads an asset bundle and childs a prefab from that bundle to the Image Target as the augmentation. On this prefab, I have a Playmaker FSM Component that should be responding to Tracking Found / Lost events. When I create the image targets, I add the PlayMaker Vuforia Trackable Proxy script.

The odd part is that if I run in the editor (or on the device) and I hold up my target, the augmentation appears, but the Playmaker FSM is not responding to events.  However, if I select the image target in my inspector, after that, the FSM responds to events and works correctly. I've turned on debug on the Proxy script,
and the log shows "sending  PlayMaker Event : VUFORIA / TRACKABLE FOUND to Owner, including children" both before selecting the image target and after.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I spent a good chunk of the afternoon trying to figure this out, and I'm at a loss.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:26:11 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Vuforia PlaymakerIssue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 01:02:51 AM »
Hi,

What version of Unity, Vuforia and PlayMaker are you using?

Bye,

Jean

garrettskye

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »
Unity 2018.3.0f2, Vuforia 7.5.26, Playmaker 1.9.0

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 01:52:03 AM »
Hi,

If you try with a regular monobehaviour that listen to found trackable, is that working? I suspect there may be some kind of step missing to register the target all together.

Bye,

Jean

garrettskye

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 12:24:05 PM »
I have solved my issue! After reading your last post I took a fresh look at the problem this morning, and realized that the eventTrigger property on Playmaker Vuforia Trackable Proxy I attached to my image tracker was initially null, but after clicking on the object in the inspector, it was given default values and worked.  So when I attached the trackable proxy, I had to create the PlayMaker Event Target object and assign all of it's values, particularly the gameObject property.

And now everything seems to be working great.

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 12:25:59 PM »
Hi,

very good!

Bye,

Jean