playMaker

Author Topic: SetVelocity2D doesn't do a smooth movement  (Read 1435 times)

Zeyfon

• Playmaker Newbie
SetVelocity2D doesn't do a smooth movement
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:52:33 PM »
Hi everyone.

This is the first post I create here. The issue I have been getting is that after the Unity2018.3 update my newly created projects seems to have a problem with the SetVelocity2D action. It makes my player to vibrate horizontally

I know that the most common cause for this is that the method OnUpdate() is used instead of OnFixedUpdate(), but since the SetVelocity2D action uses the OnFixedUpdate(), I don't know what the cause might be.

I used this method before the update and even run my game with the same method and no issue, but when I create a new project in the Unity V2018.3 I seem to have this issue. No matter what.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, don't know

Any suggestion or help is welcome. Thanks!!

*In the image I attached is what I used only to move my test player. To verify the action.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: SetVelocity2D doesn't do a smooth movement
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:25:48 AM »
Hi,

can you send me that test scene as a package, I'll see if I get this too.

also, are you sure it's not just the editor, what happens if you publish that scene, is it still not smooth?

Bye,

Jean

Zeyfon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 12:38:31 PM »
Hi Jean,

It also happens when I publish it.

Right now I am working in a project, but after the update (Unity2018.3) I had some problems with playmaker and unity. So I decided to do all over again since I was expecting the new prefab workflow.

So now every new project I create and use this action always have this issue.

Something curious about it, is that even though I use the new Unity version, my previous projects don't have that problem. The use of SetVelocity2D is good.

Here is the package about the test I did.

Thanks for your help Jean.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:55:10 AM »
Hi,

ok, I get the very same result if I use a regular component, ( attached)

can you verify it works better also in previous versions of Unity, if that's the case, you should file a bug report to Unity, else, I'll investigate further.

Bye,

Jean

Zeyfon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »
Hi Jean,

I checked what you suggested with your script. Just the check that the movement could be smooth using FixedUpdated() right?

I tried it with a new project only including your script and no PlayMaker. Still got the same problem. The issue seems to be with the FixedUpdate() Function then right? In Unity itself.

Will post the bug to them about this. Don't know what happened.

Thanks Jean.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 01:54:24 AM »
Hi,

yeah, the issues is within Unity, maybe not a bug but a setup or feature somewhere...

Keep us updated as it seems quit an issue actually.

I don't think fixedupdate is the problem once the velocity is constant, it seems more a a conflict with friction or something.

Bye,

Jean