playMaker

Author Topic: Android Native Pro  (Read 3003 times)

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Android Native Pro
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:38:37 AM »
Stan's Assets have been for quite some time my foundation to make anything I make work on android. Not long ago Android Native Plugin got deprecated and upgraded to Android Native Pro. When that happened it was announced that Playmaker actions were on the works but the dev decided now to exclude Android Native Pro from that, only releasing it for the cross-platform version of that plugin.
( https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-android-native-pro.551020/#post-4118074 )
 Well, that's a 3x(+) priced plugin from the one I already bought and paid for upgrade. I feel like that was kind of a "dirty move" and completely left me on the dust towards Android builds.

I wonder if someone is willing to get this new version of Android Native to work with Playmaker. I'd be forever thankful for such thing. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:46:41 AM by Plancksize »

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: Android Native Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
Hit up Lacoste (Stan) on Unity forums and see if he will help you out, he did for me.

Otherwise, they actually host the playmaker action update on their website for Ultimate Mobile, which contains IOS Native Pro and Android Native Pro.  Just delete the IOS Native pro actions from the package.

Use their playmaker guide link located here:
 https://unionassets.com/ultimate-mobile-pro/getting-started-797

and then download the actions from the link that says Download an Add-on using this URL.

I'VE NEVER DONE IT THIS WAY, SO I CANNOT CONFIRM IT WORKS OR NOT BUT ITS WORTH A SHOT.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:58:06 PM »
Just to get that clear, can we upgrade from the separate old Native plugins (iOs and Android) and still obtain actions that work for both of them?
I know Stan's team tends to name their scripts starting with three letters, referring the plugin they're meant to be used with (like ISN_ for iOS Native plugin for example). It looks like there are actions available, but would they only work with the all in one super plugin? I just don't want to have to buy it when I had already acquired many others separately.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 07:44:43 PM »
The actions do not work, as they are named differently.  However, they should still work for Native Pro as long as you do some minor modifications to each file to make sure they match the format Native Pro uses.

Otherwise, you can message Lacoste on the Unity forums and explain your situation.. I did the same and he gave me a dropbox link with the current version of Ultimate Mobile as a resolution to my Native Pro issue.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 06:10:45 AM »
The actions do not work, as they are named differently.

What do you mean by that?

However, they should still work for Native Pro as long as you do some minor modifications to each file to make sure they match the format Native Pro uses.

Are the changes complex and numerous? I suppose the main change from the old packages to that Native Pro bundle is perhaps a bunch of new script names and perhaps new definitions and signatures for methods, although they'd essentially still do the same stuff.
If the changes are doable, that means I'll be able to upgrade both old iOs/Android Native plugins to iOS/Android Native Pro plugins, rite?
It's not like I'm using tons of actions either from their plugins...
I suppose we could even post an example here after all...

Otherwise, you can message Lacoste on the Unity forums and explain your situation.. I did the same and he gave me a dropbox link with the current version of Ultimate Mobile as a resolution to my Native Pro issue.

Err what?
You mean, arguing that you had acquired the two old iOS/Android plugins separately at some point in the past (with proof of invoices I suppose), he agreed to allow you to download the all new all-in-one Ultimate Mobile (UM) that has the working PlayMaker actions?  ???

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Are the changes complex and numerous?

I didnt look at Android Native too much, but basically with Ultimate he has everything built as shown below in this playmaker example.  My understanding is the naming system is similar that you can change the UM to ANP for example.

Code: [Select]
using UnityEngine;
using System;
using SA.Android.App.Utils;
using SA.iOS.Foundation;

namespace SA.CrossPlatform.App
{
[Serializable]
public class UM_Locale  : AN_Locale();

Err what?
You mean, arguing that you had acquired the two old iOS/Android plugins separately at some point in the past (with proof of invoices I suppose), he agreed to allow you to download the all new all-in-one Ultimate Mobile (UM) that has the working PlayMaker actions?  ???

I had messaged him with a question/concern during the whole release of Android Native Pro being abandoned in favor of Ultimate.  He had raised expectations with me about something and then failed to deliver on them. 

Whats the worst that can happen? He says no and nothing changes.