playMaker

Author Topic: Cinemachine how to have a smooth transition between cameras  (Read 4094 times)

cmvrgr

• Junior Playmaker
Cinemachine how to have a smooth transition between cameras
« on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »
Hi. I would like to build 5 different cameras that are targeting the same stationary objects. 

I want with pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 buttons to transition smoothly between every camera.

For example, if pressing 2 to transition from camera 1 to camera to and if I press 5 to smoothly transition from 2 to 5 and generally when a number is a press to move to the specific camera.

I used timeline but this is very limiting and is not giving the random use to with every camera. Is there a playmaker action that can I can use to archive that result?

Thanks

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
Re: Cinemachine how to have a smooth transition between cameras
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 05:35:42 PM »
Heya,

You can easily transition between cinemachine virtual cameras by changing the priority. In a 5 camera setup, you could configure your button manager FSM to increment a priority INT value by 1 every time a button is pressed then assign the value to the corresponding camera using the "Virtual Camera Set Priority" action (you will find it in a package on the Ecosystem).

Another cool addition to the latest version of Cinemachine is called "Custom Blends". You can access this from your main scene camera, it lets you fully customize the blend between cameras including the blend time.

Hope this helps  :-)

Simon