playMaker

Author Topic: Single axes rotation[SOLVED]  (Read 493 times)

buggie

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Single axes rotation[SOLVED]
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:45:55 AM »
Hi, I have been running into the need of a single axes rotation. The issue is; I am making a player controller that controls rotation and speed. The game is setup to have rotation X, Y, Z all on different FSM's for smooth control. It works great but when the player stops moving, I want the player to slowly rotate back to *,*,0. The problem seems that if I use the current rotation actions, I have to put in a value for all axes, not just Z. This make the player move all funky, fighting the player on the other 2 axes. It would be very cool to have an action that lets you rotate any of the 3 axes independently. I checked the Eco system, and couldn't find anything that matches what I need. iTween also lacks this but has an over time option and a delay. Any chance we could get something like this?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:43:12 AM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • jinxtergames
Re: Single axes rotation
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:31:59 AM »
Hi.
You can achieve this by getting the current z rotation (float)

then use (for example) Float interpolate to move the float slowly to 0 in a Variable (the Z rotation)

Then use 'Set rotation', set it to every frame and set the "Z rotation" value to do the rotation.

You can also tween the float but itween is outdated.
FOR HIRE:Playmaker/C#

Playmaker Samples <-------------> Easy Exporter <---------------------> TPA Actions

buggie

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 09:52:54 AM »
 :o Thank you, I suspected something like that.
I was just wondering if we could get an Action that could not use all three rotations, say only use 1 or 2 of them, and not require any information for the unused rotation. Not even a zero, just null it. It would make the computer have to do less calculations and would be easier to use.
It's more of an optimization request, and user friendly thing. I understand if you don't think it is worth the time. I'm just saying, I'm just makin a request.  :'(

djaydino

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
Hi.
What exact existing action are you referring to?

Playmaker Samples <-------------> Easy Exporter <---------------------> TPA Actions

buggie

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 01:02:20 AM »
I took your advice and used a float that changes back to 0, and set that as my rotation, and that solved it. Thank you. Turns out I was just too tired to think strait, despite not feeling tired. This case seems to be a problem between the keyboard and the chair. Thanks for pointing it out.  ;D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:42:54 AM »
Hi.
No Problem :)