playMaker

Author Topic: Game Object references missing in actions after replacing unrelated prefab  (Read 1010 times)

hwilliams

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi, I just wanted to report a Playmaker bug I've been regularly seeing since nested prefabs were introduced into unity.

If I unpack a prefab to edit it in the hierarchy of a scene and then replace it, sometimes references to unrelated prefabs will go missing from actions, specifically in the Game Object variable for "Create Object" actions. For example, if I have a "Create Object" action for my prefab "Item" in ten different FSMs, they will all have a missing field where that prefab originally was, even though "Item" has nothing to do with the prefab I was editing and "Item" itself is still in the project folder and unbothered.

Unrelated, but I've had a few other bugs crop up in recent version in the fsm editor that I haven't seen reported on these forums. When I copy and paste using key shortcuts, I paste twice automatically instead of once. Also sometimes when I click an action instead of selecting it, it copies it or deletes it. It seems very touchy.

I'm using the latest version of Playmaker and Unity on Mac 10.14.1.

Thank you!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Game Object references missing in actions after replacing unrelated prefab
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 02:59:06 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for these reports. Make sure to file bug reports using the menu PlayMaker/Help/Submit Bug Report

Bye,

Jean