playMaker

Author Topic: Can playmaker edit Line Render's?  (Read 4165 times)

PlatinumPlayer

• Playmaker Newbie
Can playmaker edit Line Render's?
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
I have looked around playmaker but I can't find a way for playmaker to create/effect the element list of a line render asset. I want to be able to set the transform locations of the line render script and add new points as required. Is there a way to do this already or does it need custom actions made?

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Can playmaker edit Line Render's?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
I believe that is not possible.  I tried using this before and had no luck. 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:59 AM »
hi,

I have ported a good portion of Vectrosity to playmaker, would that be a solution for you?

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1587.0

bye,

Jean

PlatinumPlayer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »
It would but sadly its not free like line render is. I will definitely take a look at it though.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
hi,

yes of course, what is your goal with line rendering? meaning what parts of your application is it undertaking?

bye,

Jean

PlatinumPlayer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »
I want to use line rendering for many effects in my game(s). Example would be a 'power line' that connects all my tower defense towers dynamically to each other. Lazer beams, bullet tracers (though i guess trail render would be better for that), dynamic wire/cable for machine like models and environmental assets (crane for example).

Its just a tool i could find quite a few uses for and several of which are holding back my tower defense project (the power lines issue). I may end up buying Vectrosity though, just not in the budget atm.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:57 AM »
Hi,

from what you are describing, it's likely that spending few bucks on vectrosity would get you a long way! If you do, don't hesitate to make requests as to what you would like to see implement within playmaker, I have started porting vectrosity to playmaker but the power of vectrisity is so big that it's ia big task to cover it fully in one go.

bye,

Jean