playMaker

Author Topic: a serious bug with the latest update  (Read 2498 times)

sofianehamza

• Playmaker Newbie
a serious bug with the latest update
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: componentOrGameObject
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmPrefabs.DisconnectPrefabInstance (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmPrefabs.cs:647)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmPrefabs.DisconnectIfModifiedInstance (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmPrefabs.cs:676)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.CheckAllFsmPrefabInstances () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:2761)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.FirstUpdate () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:862)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:915)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.Update () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:276)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:438)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: a serious bug with the latest update
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
Which version of PlayMaker? What version did you update from? When does this error happen?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:18:04 PM by Alex Chouls »

sofianehamza

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »
i update everytime there is a new version
i m using unity 2018.3.2f1
now playmaker crashes
for the first time

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »
Can you share your project? If so, please PM me a download link.
Also when does the error happen? When you say crash, the Unity editor crashes?

sofianehamza

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »
no it s the playmaker states that crush not unity
and the error goes in a loop
this first happened when I tried to add a database SQL query
now I m trying to update to the latest Unity version
hopefully, the problem gets solved

sofianehamza

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 12:09:46 AM »
unfortunately, the problem persists even after a unity update to version
2018.3.8f1

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 12:42:12 AM »
I need more info to help.
Can you confirm you have 1.9.0.p11 (PlayMaker > Help > About).
When do you get the error? Loading the project, selecting the FSM, making a build...? What are you using for the SQL Query?
Can you share the project? If so please PM me a link.

sofianehamza

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 07:22:22 PM »
yeah I m using the latest update

the error occurs every time I start unity
sometimes playmaker crashes other times it works
but the error keeps looping
 I m using simple SQL
unfortunately, my project is really big with a lot of assets...it's impossible to share
thanks for the best asset in the store :)