playMaker

Author Topic: Linker Wizard and updating link.xml  (Read 2289 times)

Infamous

• Playmaker Newbie
Linker Wizard and updating link.xml
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
Hi there-

I went through the tutorial and successfully built and test all get and set properties functions.

However, it seems like you have to go through all the actions in the Player before creating the link.xml

My question is, is there a way that you can update the link.xml as you are testing and building the project?

Meaning do I have to go through all the get and set actions all in the same instance of playing or can I do it one at a time. Meaning hit play > go through one action > stop and creat link.xml > hit play again > go through a different  action > stop and update link.xml?

Is this possible or do you have to do it once the whole project is complete?

Thanks for the help

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Linker Wizard and updating link.xml
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 05:40:15 AM »
Find your file in Windows or Finder and do precisely what you said above, step by step. Check the file everytime and you'll see if it restarts from scratch or actually edits it and adds the data into the same file.
I ran the wizard once but when I checked it, it had indeed added a block text in a link.xml file that already had something else, but I could not guarantee that the wizard doesn't erase former PM stuff during the edit. Obviously it's smart enough, I suppose, not to duplicate the same data every time it's ran. So maybe it's smart enough too to simply add stuff to the file when new stuff is found? :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Linker Wizard and updating link.xml
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 02:43:10 AM »
Hi,

yes, you have to go through your game to trigger all usages of reflections.

the linker adds up to the xml linker file if already define, so you can additively go trhough your game, for example if you have several scenes, you can run them one by one and the linker is not going to erase the current content of the xml description.

Bye,

Jean