Bug Reporting > PlayMaker Bug Reporting

Android - Debug Log not reporting

(1/4) > >>

PlaymakerNOOB:
Playmaker 1.9.0.p12
tested on Unity 2017 4.1, 4.3, 4.5

When using the Debug Log action with it set to Send to Unity log checked, it appears it is not on Android builds.  I have used several mobile console (android) log addons:

-Lunar Mobile Console
-SRDebugger
-Mobile Console
-Log Viewer

None of them are seeing it.  So I made my own debug log script and called it via a FSM and it shows up in the mobile console viewers. 

Alex Chouls:
For performance reasons, internal FSM logging is disabled in builds, unfortunately, this was also blocking the debug actions. I've attached a fix.

Please backup the file PlayMaker/Actions/ActionHelpers.cs then import the attached package. This should fix debug actions logging in builds.

Let me know if it works for you and I'll include the fix in the next update.

PlaymakerNOOB:
That did it.. thanks!

I needed the action to help troubleshoot why playerprefs are not saving/loading properly in my build, but work fine in the editor.  Im still not closer to understanding it so im wondering if you have an android device available and I can condense the project down to the offending section for you to look at?
--edit--
ignore the request, added debuglog but forgot to check send to unity. I can see why I have an issue.  Thanks!!

djaydino:
Hi.
Off Topic.

@ PlaymakerNOOB

I would not recommend to save sensitive variables with playerprefs tho, as the are very easy to hack.

Easy save is until now still one of the best solutions and worth the purchase.
I have it a few years now and i use it in almost all my projects.

PlaymakerNOOB:
Yeah, I actually got ES3 to save encrypted PlayerPrefs.  But I had 4 bugs show up all at once which really caused me a headache.

1) ES3 wouldnt save/load without a cryptography error
2) When I fixed the above, then ES3 would crash unity upon building (took many hours before the Unity error log actually showed an error related to ES3 so I could ask the dev for help)
3) PlayerPrefs not saving
4) Using Playmakers Debuglog action didnt work on builds, so I couldnt troubleshoot properly why PlayerPrefs were not saving on mobile as I couldnt figure out where things were failing. 

So I removed ES3 and that cleared up #1 and #2, worked with ES3 creator to figure out why.. we did, it works, but just to be safe I removed ES3 again to make sure that its not related to issue #3 or #4.  Then I went to debugging and that figured out why #3 wasnt triggering after Alex gave me the updated file.  I just havent got around to putting ES3 back yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version