playMaker

Author Topic: After updating Playmaker, I'm unable to use all previous playmaker objects  (Read 2549 times)

Swift_Illusion

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Midnight Tinkering
I just updated to the latest playmaker, and I went to import my characters from older scenes,
and now none of them are functional.
New playmaker FSM components are added as "Script" instead of "Play Maker (FSM) Script",
reason for not being able to use my characters now?
Also in release notes of latest version
"Global events no longer need to be exported/imported."
How am I meant to get my globals imported now? I've tried but it isn't loading into this version.

Could you please let me know how I'm meant to upgrade to the latest version with my old assets?
I've just gotten into work on a schedule and this has caused a great hassle,
I'd greatly appreciate a method to get my old FSM objects working as soon as possible.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
I assume you exported a unitypackage from the old project? Did you check Include Dependencies?

This should just work, but every now and then Unity gets confused. Worst case you can hook the script up manually: click the target icon next to script, and select PlayMakerFSM.

For globals, you can still use Import/Export Globals in the Tools menu. For FSMs made in newer versions you no longer need to manually export/import global events.

Swift_Illusion

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Midnight Tinkering
I restarted a new scene, and this time I brought in all dependencies (I always include them when exporting),
except playmaker.dll, realized that was overwriting the latest versions one.

So, now my FSM's are being kept, and it can now find the globals to import, however every
time I play the scene, it deletes all the globals?
After importing the globals, I can click on the character, go to variables, then open up global variables
and see them all there. However as soon as I play the scene, they are all gone instantly, and don't
return after stopping the scene playing?

EDIT:::
Ahhh, found out globals, it needs to be named specifically "PlayMakerGlobals",
and be kept in the scene (even though when you import the globals it offers to delete it?)
If you choose to delete it or don't have that as it's name it will cause you to instantly loose globals
when you play the scene.

Thank you very much for your help :)!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:36:10 AM by Swift_Illusion »