playMaker

Author Topic: UGUI and Datamaker do not work together properly[SOLVED]  (Read 1477 times)

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
UGUI and Datamaker do not work together properly[SOLVED]
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:02:05 AM »
Using latest Playmaker and Unity 2017.4.23,

I created a new project with Playmaker+Ecosystem+Datamaker+Datamaker_Xml_Json+UGUI and I had to reinstall them in different combinations until UGUI actions does not contradict with other actions. (If I remember correctly, in a last attempt I downloaded Datamaker(and Xml_Json after) last and it worked without issue)

Later, I needed to use UGUI Events for buttons (OnClick). But I couldn't find them in Events, no UGUI section is present in neither Add Transition or Add Global Transition tabs.

I used UGUI in many projects before, this is the first time I wanted to use UGUI with Datamaker and it is obvious something is odd, so I wanted to report here. (I recently started to use Datamaker and this bug appeared when I used them together) I am sure the issue could be reproducable because everything is in default state and used recent versions.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:55:51 AM by jeanfabre »

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: [BUGS] UGUI and Datamaker do not work together properly
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:46:49 AM »
This is happening first time again too,

When I move actions over each other in a state in this setting, variables of actions exchange (the one that I drag over other actions, the dragged action's variables are set to other actions) and create many headaches after.

Edit: This can be also due to adding new variables in game too (with above faulty project), please check.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:55:19 AM by Farwest »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:39 AM »
Hi,

It's likely the PlayMaker utils that is not in sync on the uGui package. uGui will be deprecated soon as PlayMaker now feature all the actions for you to work with Unity UI. I will leave only the proxies.

you can update PlayMaker Utils on its own from the Ecosystem browser, it's available as is.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem and what are the errors you get in the console.

Bye,

Jean

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
Hi Jean,
Thank you for the swift reply.

I did as you said and started a new project, this time instead of adding Ugui, I depended on UI actions that comes from your latest Playmaker packages. It worked very well and UI actions are meeting most of the requirements. (I had to create a few UI versions of custom UGUI actions on Ecosystem, for example UGUI to Worldpoint)

No error or clash until now. I will test further (especially the variables, when I create new ones, they shouldn't change existing variables that are set) and if any new bug happens, I will post here again. Thanks.