playMaker

Author Topic: Odd particle effect strangeness  (Read 1933 times)

mungoman1

• Playmaker Newbie
Odd particle effect strangeness
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »
Hello, I'm having some very strange behavior when using particle systems. Here's the case:
I created a sphere, added a rigidbody, and a particle trail. Next I created an FSM that uses the move towards action on a global gameobject trigger, cube, which is placed a few meters away. I parent a premade Shruiken particle explosion to it (which is deactivated) and add a transition with TRIGGER ENTER as it's event. The state here simply reactivates the explosion(via get child,) uses an explosion action, waits a few seconds, and then destroys itself after detaching children. the problem here is that the position of the explosion is locked to the y axis! It stays nicely packed in the sphere until activated, then resets it's position and can only go up or down without changing the position in play mode. If you need, I can upload the project or scene. I just know this is a huge derp on my side :P

mungoman1

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Odd particle effect strangeness
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
AAAAGGGGHH of course it was a derp. I had an xffect script on it, which was resetting the position and locking it to y. I am ashamed. More coffee.  :(