playMaker

Author Topic: Set Parent Error [FIXED]  (Read 2050 times)

KillerCreeper

• Playmaker Newbie
Set Parent Error [FIXED]
« on: April 30, 2019, 09:36:33 PM »
Whenever I use the Set Parent action, it gives me this error:
"Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.
UnityEngine.Transform:set_parent(Transform)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SetParent:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/GameObject/SetParent.cs:38)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:205)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:175)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2768)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2715)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2643)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Start() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1926)
PlayMakerFSM:Start() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:555)
"

It's saying I need to set the worldPositionStays argument to false, but how do I do that?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:45:57 AM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Set Parent Error
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »
I believe this is fixed in the latest PlayMaker update.
What version of PlayMaker are you using now?
PlayMaker > Help > About PlayMaker...

KillerCreeper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 01:45:19 PM »
I believe this is fixed in the latest PlayMaker update.
What version of PlayMaker are you using now?
PlayMaker > Help > About PlayMaker...
I am using version 1.9.0p15. I thought this was the latest at the moment.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 02:21:46 PM »
Yes, it is. The fix is in the next update, but I've attached it here so you can get it now.

KillerCreeper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 03:49:22 PM »
Yes, it is. The fix is in the next update, but I've attached it here so you can get it now.
Thank you! That fixes it. :)