playMaker

Author Topic: 2019.2b issues [FIXED]  (Read 4444 times)

CarlX2

• Playmaker Newbie
2019.2b issues [FIXED]
« on: May 14, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »
Hi,

I'm importing PM into a clean 2019.2b HDRP project and getting the following errors:

Assembly 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Reference has errors 'PlayMakerEditor'.

Assembly 'Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'UnityEngine.UI'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

Assembly 'Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/ConditionalExpressionEditor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Reference has errors 'PlayMakerEditor'.

I'm guessing this just needs an update - would be nice to have, this beta seems to have fun stuff :)

Also (the serious question now) how come no David Bowie avatar???
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:40:39 PM by Alex Chouls »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: 2019.2b issues
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
Hi.
You can ask for the PlayMaker beta access to Alex or Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »
We'll try to release an update for the 2019.2 beta asap so you can play with it :)

In general, please note that beta versions of Unity are not officially supported since they change often and are not official releases. But we do try to maintain compatibility so Playmaker users can play with new features in the latest beta releases and also let us know early if they run into any problems.

EDIT: I'll look into the Bowie avatar - that's not right!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 05:43:05 PM »
Quick update on this. Unity moved UnityEngine.UI to a package in 2019.2, but didn't automatically update projects. This broke a lot of projects so they're planning an automatic update in later betas. More info here:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui.673504/#post-4540480

BTW, this is one reason support for Unity beta versions lags a bit. It's a moving target, and sometimes it's better for us to wait for Unity to fix something than make unnecessary fixes on our end.

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:14 AM »
Can I get beta access please?

CarlX2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:04:23 AM »
Quick update on this. Unity moved UnityEngine.UI to a package in 2019.2, but didn't automatically update projects. This broke a lot of projects so they're planning an automatic update in later betas. More info here:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui.673504/#post-4540480

BTW, this is one reason support for Unity beta versions lags a bit. It's a moving target, and sometimes it's better for us to wait for Unity to fix something than make unnecessary fixes on our end.

I imagine that can be a pain at times. Do you think there will be a release for this beta or does it make more sense to wait until they fix it at their end? If there's going to be a PlayMaker beta would it be possible to get access please? It seems as though Unity are making a lot of changes with these particular releases though, so maybe it would be worth waiting.

Thanks for looking in to the extremely serious Bowie issue though - good to know there is some justice in the world!!!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »
Since it looks like the Unity fix might take a while, we released a patch to work with the 2019.2 beta...

CarlX2

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 2019.2b issues [FIXED]
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 10:31:34 AM »
Many thanks Alex! I just grabbed that and started wiring up a project, but I had some issues. Working on the assumption I might be doing something wrong I went back to a real 101 project and put together a light switch (cube and point light, as simple as it gets) as a test.

I've repeated this a couple of times now; I'm finding that when I add the Set Light Intensity action to the cube it deletes the cube mesh filter and the mesh renderer from the cube and adds the light component. It also adds HD additional light data and additional shadow data scripts. Basically it turns the cube in to a light  :)

I'm using 2019.2.0b1 and this was set up with HDRP.