playMaker

Author Topic: Prefab Saving Stutter Bug (SOLVED/NVM)  (Read 1973 times)

Thore

Prefab Saving Stutter Bug (SOLVED/NVM)
« on: May 22, 2019, 03:40:24 PM »
Playmaker 1.9.0.p15, Unity 2019.1.0f2 (Win x64). Fairly fresh setup, through the Unity Hub.

This bug occurs since I switched to this Unity version. I did update Playmaker a while ago to p15, but the problem persists. I worked around it so far, though maybe I should report it.

What Happens
When editing the FSM in a prefab and making any change, like adding a transition, Unity begins to stutter and alternates the mouse cursor between "busy" (as if saving) and default mouse pointer, making it impossible to work that way. I can stop this stuttering by starting the play mode, which runs normally. After exiting the mode, editing works as usual again -- until next time. The bug is completely consistent and happens each time I edit a prefab's FSM.

Repo Case
Doesn't matter how the prefab FSMs is being accessed or edited: click on an object in the hierarchy, then in Playmaker window > open (prefab). Or click on the prefab in the project window > "open prefab" (inspector). Add e.g. a FINISHED transition, stuttering occurs.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:13:02 AM by Thore »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Prefab Saving Stutter Bug (severe, but workaround)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:46:31 PM »
I'm not able to reproduce this here.
Does it happen in a new project?

Thore

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »
Doesn’t occur on new project. No idea what causes this, I will migrate. Thanks for the hint, didn’t try that because it was all quite fresh. :)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
If you have a project where it does happen and can share I’d love to take a look!

Thore

Solved. NVM. ;)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »
Nevermind, sorry about the false alarm. Got nothing to do with Playmaker, but has something to do with the autosave feature of the new Prefab workflow, plus some editor update schenanigans (likely OnGui, [ExecuteAlways] or [ExecuteInEditMode]).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:27:39 PM by Thore »