playMaker

Author Topic: Frame Rate Drop in Headset when testing in Editor  (Read 3193 times)

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
Frame Rate Drop in Headset when testing in Editor
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
So I've been developing a VR game for the past year using the HTC Vive and was wondering if anyone else experiences drops in frame rate when using PlayMaker and testing within the editor?

It seems that whenever I have the PlayMaker editor opened, I get a huge drop in FPS. It's even worse if I have an active FSM selected. The only way I can get around this is by closing/hiding the PlayMaker window, deselect any game objects, and make sure the Game window has focus. I'm mentioning it now because it's starting to become a hindrance. In order for me to test FSMs and makes sure things are working correctly, I want to test in the Editor instead of making a build for each little change.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what steps did you take to overcome this?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Frame Rate Drop in Headset when testing in Editor
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 11:50:43 AM »
This is not only playmaker but the editor in general. If you watch the VRTK videos, they also discuss the same issue. They suggest putting the game view to maximized when play testing in unity for the best results. From Unity 5 till now the situation seems to be getting worse and worse.

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Frame Rate Drop in Headset when testing in Editor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:54 AM »
I didn't know that. I'll try that. Thanks.