playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker suddenly disappeared from the project[SOLVED]  (Read 2058 times)

PolyMad

Playmaker suddenly disappeared from the project[SOLVED]
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »
Just tested my project, works fine!
Then I stopped the simulation and... voila: Playmaker window disappeared, no menu item Playmaker, and the folders are all there!
The fun part is that all works fine. But I can't work with Playmaker anymore.
WHAT THE HELL???

I already tried to close Unity and reopen, didn't work.

Here you can watch a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr06b9gqy8ftsta/bandicam%202019-05-29%2022-05-45-863.mp4?dl=0

Unity version: 2018.3.6f1.
Playmaker version: I don't know! But it's not the last version.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:39:47 AM by jeanfabre »

PolyMad

Re: Playmaker suddenly disappeared from the project
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 04:16:54 PM »
Nice, I've also lost Rainbow Folders, even though the folder is there inside Plugins, together with Playmaker and Substance, but Substance is the only one that is shown on the top menu.

PolyMad

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »
Just discovered I have an error in the Build setting, as the path is missing and the maps were missing too.
I recall I had pressed CTRL+B in error right before this problem arised (wanted to press CTRL+S to save the scene).
Now I deleted the missing scenes from the Build window, and selected a valid path, but the problem persists.

PolyMad

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 04:23:37 PM »
OK, closed and reopened Unity after fixing this Build problem and Playmaker is back there with everything else.
I hate when this happens, that you did nearly nothing and it seems that all the world implodes and bye  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

daniellogin

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:54:20 PM »
OK, closed and reopened Unity after fixing this Build problem and Playmaker is back there with everything else.
I hate when this happens, that you did nearly nothing and it seems that all the world implodes and bye  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Well, at least you did your part and told the whole story here, which may help someone else in the future figure out why their world imploded.

PolyMad

Re: Playmaker suddenly disappeared from the project[SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 03:58:05 AM »
Yeah, I always try few hours of work to recover, if I know I did nothing wrong ;D
And I know the devs here like to have the solution posted as well :D

Sooo now you people know: if you delete your scenes from the project and they are in the BUILD list, the build command will create errors that will block Unity from loading the plugins WITHOUT ACTUALLY GIVING ANY ERROR to help you find the problem!
Maybe I should post this in the Unity forums as well, because this is NOT a Playmaker thing...