playMaker

Author Topic: terrible performance issues with playmaker UI, workflow taking a huge hit  (Read 1658 times)

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
i've been having a series of terrible performance issues with playmaker 9.0 with unity 2019 that i've never had before, i cant drag the editor window without it hitching and freezing in place, it doesn't allow me to see a variable in the inspector when i check "inspector", it doesn't name any FSM's in the inspector window on an object with several FSM's, they're all now identically named "Play Maker FSM script", everytime i have the editor locked and hit play, if i have another object selected it shows the editor for that object instead of what i had selected previously as "locked", a general increase in editor lag and delays in basically everything related to playmaker, and a lot of other performance issues adding up to an extremely frustrating experience that i never had to deal with in 2015. i cant downgrade to 2015 because theres a few assets i'm using that require 2019 to work. i have a i7 9700k and 16 gigs of ram.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:18:28 PM by Fleech »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Can you post the full Unity version and full Playmaker version (PlayMaker > Help > About)
Also, are there any errors in the Unity Console?

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
there are no errors whatsoever

the full unity version is Unity 2019.1.4.f1 Personal

the playmaker version is 1.9.0.p15

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello. I've just updated to Unity 2019.1.5f1 and the latest Playmaker release (not beta). I'm also experiencing lag when using Playmaker. It's normally so snappy and quick.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
If you're able to share a project with bad performance please PM me a download link so I can check it out. Thanks!

EDIT: Also does collapsing the PlayMakerFSM editor in the Inspector help? Or resetting the windows layout?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:43:08 AM by Alex Chouls »

Fleech

• Playmaker Newbie
i PM'd you a copy, its just a side scene for a larger project