playMaker

Author Topic: Error on consoles, PlayMaker FSM Editor window doesn't show up after install  (Read 759 times)

sena

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Unity Version : 2019.3.0a5 (personal license because I'm just a graduate student)
> I downloaded the .zip and unpacked
> I import the package from Unity by Assets > Import Assets. Unity5.4.Playmaker.1.9.0.p16
> I then click Install PlayMaker from the pop-up window.

There are 10 error messages I received, and I cannot see the PlayMaker FSM Editor.

Here are the error messages, separated by space

Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUIText.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUIText' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUIText' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITexture.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITextureAlpha.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITextureColor.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\ComponentAction.cs(65,19): error CS0619: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\ComponentAction.cs(70,19): error CS0619: 'GUITexture' is obsolete: 'GUITexture has been removed. Use UI.Image instead.'

Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.

Exception thrown while invoking [OnOpenAssetAttribute] method 'Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor:OnOpenAsset (int,int,int)' : InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <d465e2b2e5054d2787d6364114c43446>:0)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
UnityEditor.DefaultExternalCodeEditor.OpenProject (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/DefaultExternalCodeEditor.cs:96)
Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OnOpenAsset (System.Int32 instanceID, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:62)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <d465e2b2e5054d2787d6364114c43446>:0)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
UnityEditor.DefaultExternalCodeEditor.OpenProject (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/DefaultExternalCodeEditor.cs:96)
Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OpenFileAtLineColumn (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:31)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I also attach the screenshot of my "Playmaker" in the menu bar
I am sorry I am an artist so I am very new and have almost zero idea on programming and these kind of stuff..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:18:29 AM by sena »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
It looks like the 2019.3 alpha has removed support for the old GUI Element system. You can try deleting the PlayMaker/Actions/GuiElement folder to fix the errors.

Note, it’s better to use an official Unity release instead of a beta or alpha version. We cannot guarantee compatibility with alpha and beta versions since they are not stable yet. Alpha versions especially can change with each release. We try to fix issues as they come up so you can use PlayMaker with the new features Unity introduces in alpha/beta versions, but there might be some lag...

At the same time it’s good to get reports about issues with alpha/beta versions, so thanks for letting us know about this!