playMaker

Author Topic: "Disable Visual Themes" breaks Save, Save As.. and Export  (Read 2538 times)

Netjera

• Playmaker Newbie
"Disable Visual Themes" breaks Save, Save As.. and Export
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »
Hi all!  I'm running Unity on a laptop and I sometimes have weird issues with graphics anomalies - screen won't refresh properly, odd artifacts, etc.  I sometimes also have what I think are memory issues, where Unity just stops responding or behaves oddly (I can't select things or it won't allow me to rename states, etc) and the only way to fix those things is to close the program and restart it.

Knowing that Aero can sometimes cause issues with programs, I decided to try running Unity with
"Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable Desktop Composition" checked under the compatibility tab of the program properties.  Running the program, Save and Save As... didn't function at all.  Selecting stuff in the project and attempting to export it opened the export window, but the export button didn't work at all.  There may be others, but these are the ones I uncovered.

I did a bit of testing, and unchecked "Disable Desktop Composition" but got the same errors when I ran.  Then I went back and unchecked "Disable Visual Themes" and when I ran, Unity worked fine again.  So apparently "Disable Visual Themes" is the culprit.  Thought you'd want to know in case this wasn't intended!