playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker bug!!!  (Read 1155 times)

jasonbaker

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Playmaker bug!!!
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:43:50 AM »
After downloading Playmaker I get 6 bugs.

1. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUIText.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUIText' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUIText' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

2. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITexture.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

3. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITextureAlpha.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

4. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\GUIElement\SetGUITextureColor.cs(14,15): error CS0311: The type 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'ComponentAction<T>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'UnityEngine.GUITexture' to 'UnityEngine.Component'.

5. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\ComponentAction.cs(65,19): error CS0619: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.'

6. Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\ComponentAction.cs(70,19): error CS0619: 'GUITexture' is obsolete: 'GUITexture has been removed. Use UI.Image instead.'

Upon deleting The GUIElements folder the bug count is reduced by 4. Bugs 5 & 6 remain and I have no idea how to fix.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Note: I currently have no programming knowledge I am a 3D modeler.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker bug!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
I think you installed the alpha version of Unity 2019.3. Alpha versions are not official releases and change often, so we can’t guarantee support for them. Unfortunately the Unity Hub selects the alpha by default - something Unity is aware of and is planning to fix.

Please install Unity 2019.1 instead. This is the current official Unity release.