playMaker

Author Topic: Only first action runs? [SOLVED]  (Read 1331 times)

someguy

• Playmaker Newbie
Only first action runs? [SOLVED]
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »
Hello all, sorry for the super newbie question but I'm getting frustrated. I have added a FSM to a game object with a sprite. All I'm trying to do is "Get Axis" into "Set Velocity 2D". I set it up so that the X axis value is put into a variable, then that variable is used in the Set Velocity 2D action. I see the values update but the "Set Velocity 2D" action seems "disabled". It doesn't run anything after the "Get Axis" first action. Any ideas? Sorry if this is something silly but from tutorial videos I have seen them do this without having this issue. Thanks a ton!!!

Here you can see what the action looks like (disabled or something) during play and debug: https://imgur.com/a/yMoDJ5U
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:03:31 AM by someguy »

daniellogin

Re: Only first action runs?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:50:51 PM »
Simples. Easy to get wrong too.

You forgot to mark 'Every Frame' on the second action.

someguy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 06:22:48 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I did try turning that on before. It behaves the same way though :'( Here's an updated picture: https://imgur.com/a/j5egeGM

someguy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 06:26:36 AM »
Not sure what was wrong, but deleting the FSM and creating a new one makes it work. Thanks!

Thore

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
You had the state run as a sequence (right click state to toggle), which might have caused it. That’s visible in the arrows between actions.

someguy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 09:01:03 AM »
Got it! Thank you at least I know what was going wrong now. I definitely wondered about that arrow but didn't know what it was :)