playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker/character/controller errors after install.  (Read 1178 times)

Joe19

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker/character/controller errors after install.
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
After installing student version 1.9.0 on unity 2018.3.0f2, I got 15 errors with the character controller.

Code: [Select]
Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerIsGrounded.cs(72,32): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'isGrounded' and no accessible extension method 'isGrounded' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(86,36): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'height' and no accessible extension method 'height' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(87,36): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'radius' and no accessible extension method 'radius' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(88,40): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'slopeLimit' and no accessible extension method 'slopeLimit' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(89,40): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'stepOffset' and no accessible extension method 'stepOffset' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(90,36): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'center' and no accessible extension method 'center' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSettings.cs(91,46): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'detectCollisions' and no accessible extension method 'detectCollisions' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerMove.cs(54,17): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'Move' and no accessible extension method 'Move' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerMove.cs(58,17): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'Move' and no accessible extension method 'Move' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\ControllerSimpleMove.cs(52,16): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'SimpleMove' and no accessible extension method 'SimpleMove' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\GetControllerCollisionFlags.cs(65,35): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'isGrounded' and no accessible extension method 'isGrounded' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\GetControllerCollisionFlags.cs(66,30): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'collisionFlags' and no accessible extension method 'collisionFlags' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\GetControllerCollisionFlags.cs(67,31): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'collisionFlags' and no accessible extension method 'collisionFlags' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\GetControllerCollisionFlags.cs(68,31): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'collisionFlags' and no accessible extension method 'collisionFlags' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Character\GetControllerCollisionFlags.cs(69,31): error CS1061: 'CharacterController' does not contain a definition for 'collisionFlags' and no accessible extension method 'collisionFlags' accepting a first argument of type 'CharacterController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I tried to redownload this manually on the unity asset store, because of the asset store bug that is currently effecting playmaker.  It wont let me without purchasing the full version.

Then I tried deleting all the files in playmaker/character directory.  The program now works, and the first lesson triggers in my class was successful.

My question now is since I deleted them am I going to be missing some important functionality?  I am happy with the Character controller I made on youtube by Hollistic3d for moving around the scene with the camera attached to the player. I am not sure if the playmaker character controller is the same thing or not.

Please let me know if I can get by without those files or not and what function they serve.  Please let me know if I need to do something else to get a error free install.

Thanks in advance
Joe19

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
Re: PlayMaker/character/controller errors after install.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 05:01:10 PM »
Hello,

I'm also facing this issue actually !!

I made a project long time ago and everything was working without problem.
I' m now upgrading this project to Unity 2021.3.8f1, and playmaker 1.9.4
And then, I get 46 errors all relating to character controller.everythingIsWrongWhatewerYouCanTry

I had to delete major scripts form playmaker and noticed i had to delete logic scripts and was unable to continue working using playmaker, because FSms alreay set on Prefabs, now have missing scripts...

I have reinstalled playmaker 1.9.4 and back to characterController errors.. so now I'm here, waiting for your answer...

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: PlayMaker/character/controller errors after install.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 12:30:20 PM »
Hi.
if you import Pm in a project with errors it will not complete its installation.

you can go to Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install
There you can find Playmaker packages 1.x.x
double click the latest version (current latest version is 1.9.6 I believe)