playMaker

Author Topic: Disable "Select Game Object" in editor?  (Read 3194 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Disable "Select Game Object" in editor?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 10:47:27 AM »
Did some digging and it seems like there is an upper limit on the number of menu items you can add to a menu in Unity. After that, you get an error each time you try to add an item. It's these errors that cause the freeze.

In the next update, I'll either cap the menu items or just popup "Select GameObject" if the menu is too long.

In the longer term, we'll be replacing most menus in Playmaker with searchable popups like the Unity component menu.

Looking into the other issue you mentioned...

agelvik

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: Disable "Select Game Object" in editor?
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 06:30:54 AM »
ahh i see, i guess i'll try keep the number of FSMs in my scene to a minimum, if that's possible lol.
looking forward to the update :)

just throwing this in case it is of help:

regarding my recent issue, it reminds me of something that happen 6 months ago, and on another project 1 year ago

i had unity's collaboration feature enabled, and when i committed changes back and forth from different computers, the FSM templates started acting weird and variables lost their references where things didn't work properly. i had to reassign the exact same game objects over again in order for it to work. copy pasting the Run FSM over again also did the trick i learned recently.

but it's more tricky when your FSM component uses an template that has references attached in the "Controls" section", these sometimes get mixed or just turns to None.

exactly this happened yesterday.. instanced prefabs got variables that referred to something i did not set it to, and it automatically did so out of nowhere.

i previously had collaboration feature enabled on my project, but i've turned it off due to these issues (also the long waiting time when you launch the project lol)

now i just .zip the whole project folder because i feel it's safer.
the process goes like this:
backup project ->.zip the project-> move to external hard disk -> delete old project on new PC -> import project to folder.

the project i replace the old with contains the exact same name, so when i launch unity, the new project will automatically get listed in the launcher menu.

here's a few maybes:
-if i launch the project that automatically got listed, maybe unity overrides something which may cause something related to this?

-maybe the collaboration feature has something to do with this? i still have a ".collabignore" file on my project which always comes back if i were to delete it, so it's clearly not completely disabled.