playMaker

Author Topic: Path-O-Logic Pool Manager "Get Pool Group"  (Read 812 times)

9re9

• Playmaker Newbie
Path-O-Logic Pool Manager "Get Pool Group"
« on: July 13, 2019, 06:34:04 PM »
I'm having some success prototyping basic functionality with Pool Manager and the Playmaker actions, but I have a question about the Pmt Get Pool Group action.

Is it possible to get the pool name of a spawned prefab without knowing which pool it came from? I'm looking for an action that returns the Pool Name of a Spawn Pool script in the same way that Get Parent, Get Root and Get Owner do.

For example:

There are three different Enemy prefabs, each from a different Spawn Pool.

Any one of them may collide with a weapon object with an FSM whose purpose is to de-spawn Enemy prefabs, regardless of their Spawn Pool.

The weapon FSM stores the collided Enemy as a variable using a Collision Event. it can pass this variable to the Game Object field of the De-Spawn action.

Getting the Pool Name of this Enemy is trickier. I thought Pmt Get Pool Group would provide this, but it seems the user has to provide what goes into the Pool Name and Pool Group fields, unlike the way Get Parent, etc work.

Is this correct, or am I missing something obvious?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Path-O-Logic Pool Manager "Get Pool Group"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 04:27:01 AM »
Hi,

normally it should not matter, call Despawn on the instance you want to despan and it will go back to its pool automatically.

Bye,

Jean