PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Default FSM reference Template

(1/2) > >>

Padenlee:
I would love the option to select a template be the default FSM when creating a new FSM.

jeanfabre:
Hi :)

Well, it's already pretty direct to do that when you right click on the fsm editor.

Would that do?

Bye,

Jean

Padenlee:
Yes, the template menu system is epic and works great  8). This is very much a "big project" feature request, where after 3 months of development I discovered needing an initialize/setup frame in all my FSM's in order to load saved data, but I would have to change hundreds of FSM's at this point. For my next project I would want to have a Setup state and a Start state in all my FSM's.

Another use case is when making a multiplayer game, I make countless IsMine start states on all my Photon Initialized Prefabs.

This request is to facilitate very large projects (My favorite kind). I also think that 99% of Playmaker projects stay small and only a few developers actually make it to the late game of development and needing features like this.

Another similar solution would be to have a Playmaker setting tick box of "Use Setup Frame" this would delay all the FSMs in the scene by 1 frame allowing time to process data before the START event fires. You'd also need another tick box on all the FSMs of "Startup FSMS" to specify some FSM's to handle the setup phase and ignore the setup frame.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

ok, now I get what you want, you want a default FSM.

I don't see this happening for Playmaker 1.0 ,but for PlayMaker 2.0 this would a very good request to make.

Are you part of the beta?

Bye,

Jean

Padenlee:
PLAYMAKER 2?!??!?!?! *'O'* How have I not known about this?!?! Very cool! Just when I feel like I know what this community is up to, BOOM! Something new hits me XD

I think I am part of the Beta, I know I was at one point. How do I check?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version