playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Enemy not following Player after a while??  (Read 1149 times)

KevinDroll

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Enemy not following Player after a while??
« on: August 01, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »
Hello. I am new to playMaker, as I just bought it yesterday. I must say, that it really blew my mind! However, I was following a tutorial from a guy on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOgfjJlkgI), but I ran into an issue.

I followed it step by step, and made everything work. But it seems that the enemy A.I I made, only follows me in some time and just stops. I use the "Path Finding"- asset, I downloaded from EcoSystem.

My Player has the tag 'Player' and is called 'PlayerObj' within a GameObject variable inside playMaker.

I have uploaded images to this website. BTW: I just realized the images on it were linked wrong. I would've linked 'Raycast_If_I_Can_See_Player' to 'FINISHED' which is under 'MoveTowardsPlayer'. But it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:02:05 PM by KevinDroll »

KevinDroll

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Enemy not following Player after a while??
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 02:24:13 AM »
I finally fixed it, I will try and close this thread.

I solved this, by increasing my Navigation Mesh Radius from 0.2 to around 0.8.
I think there might be a better solution for this. But for now, this solved my issue temporarily.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:00:43 PM by KevinDroll »

daniellogin

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:27:44 AM »

You don't need to close the thread, just rename the topic so it says "[SOLVED]" on the end.

Also, in that regards, feel free to share some info on how you resolved your issue. It may help someone else who randomly searches for help on a similar issue in the future.

KevinDroll

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »

You don't need to close the thread, just rename the topic so it says "[SOLVED]" on the end.

Also, in that regards, feel free to share some info on how you resolved your issue. It may help someone else who randomly searches for help on a similar issue in the future.

I just updated my own reply.