playMaker

Author Topic: Something you know about Unity+Playmaker that I don't know  (Read 1930 times)

rechronicle

• Mystvaldia
    • Indie RPG Creator
Something you know about Unity+Playmaker that I don't know
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »
Hello,

I want to share something that I found while tweaking with Unity and Playmaker. I get stuck & frustrated with these problems so long that I had to suspend my project.

Here goes:
1. You need to set a parent to GO with animator component. Then, you can move them freely using the parent object.
I'm confused at first seeing my GO animation got messed up every time I move the object, blinking here and there.

2. Animator 'Apply root motion' = the motion is built right into the animation and it's the animation that determines how far something moves rather than code.
I think platformer can use this while turn-based RPG tend to stick to one place and character animation can play freely, just for example.
Found this in the Unity forum back then.

3. Use a tag or 'Has Component' action to differentiate each and every GO.
I was using an array before, trying to separate one GO with another and had no luck until I discovered this method.

Can you add to the list?
Or correcting the list above if I got it wrong.
Thank you!

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Something you know about Unity+Playmaker that I don't know
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
Are you referring to a tutorial?
Are these tips or problems you have encountered?

rechronicle

• Mystvaldia
    • Indie RPG Creator
Re: Something you know about Unity+Playmaker that I don't know
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 11:44:34 PM »
Not really referring to a tutorial.
Yes, these are problems that I have encountered (and somewhat solve it on the way) while using Unity+Playmaker.

Think of it as an alternative solution, not an exact path.