playMaker

Author Topic: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. [Solved]  (Read 5414 times)

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. [Solved]
« on: August 21, 2019, 03:09:58 PM »
Hello,

So in addition to the error I have with PhotoPlaymakerProxy in the other thread, whenever another client joins a room I get this error:

Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. PlayMaker Photon Proxy (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Pun2.PlayMakerPhotonProxy) does not. It is Type: HutongGames.PlayMaker.Pun2.PlayMakerPhotonProxy
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Photon.Pun.PhotonView:SerializeComponent(Component, PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:368)
Photon.Pun.PhotonView:SerializeView(PhotonStream, PhotonMessageInfo) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:330)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork:OnSerializeWrite(PhotonView) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1520)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork:RunViewUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1449)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:LateUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:143)

So why doesn't the PlaymakerProxy not have the IObservable? Need help please @jeanfabre

Thanks,
jrDev
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:39:32 PM by jrDev »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 01:22:41 AM »
Hi,

Have you tried to manually observed this proxy? you don't need to, it's only here to catch rpcs and synchronize fsm variables. The proxy sits there and should be forgotten about. Usually these components are hidden, but I am against this practice because it can be very confusing, but I also understand that it can be confusing this way too...

Bye,

Jean

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »
Hi,

Have you tried to manually observed this proxy? you don't need to, it's only here to catch rpcs and synchronize fsm variables. The proxy sits there and should be forgotten about. Usually these components are hidden, but I am against this practice because it can be very confusing, but I also understand that it can be confusing this way too...

Bye,

Jean
I don't know what you mean by manually. All I did was add the PlaymakerPhotonProxy prefab to the scene. I didn't touch anything on that prefab afterwards. See pic attached.

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:39:05 PM »
So I figured this out with Jean’s help in the post above and the Photon forum!

As you can currently see in the pic above that the Playmaker Photon Proxy prefab is observing itself. Apparently it is automatically set like this when downloaded. This needs to be fixed in the official PUN2 actions on the Ecosystem browser.

Hopefully this helps anyone that currently downloads and have this issue until it’s officially fixed...

Thanks,
jrDev

Javelin_IA

• Playmaker Newbie
  • AR and VR Developer at thyssenkrupp
    • LinkedIn
Re: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 06:17:39 AM »
Hi,

@jrDev what exactly is the solution for that? I'm struggling with this error too but I don't know what to set in the Photon Proxy Prefab...

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Observed scripts have to implement IPunObservable. [Solved]
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
Hello Javelin_IA,

Did you figure this out? If not, I did post above the solution is to make sure that the Playmaker Proxy is not observing itself in the Observed components section.

Thanks,
jrDev