playMaker

Author Topic: Error checker saying that an action requires gameobject but has one assigned  (Read 1624 times)

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Hi,
I've copied/pasted an action into another fsm prefab. This prefab has a gameobject field where it references the same variable 'owner' in each prefab fsm.

The problem I've got is the error checker is saying that the field is empty but I open it and its not. It's also effected another action in the state randomly saying that hasn't got gameobject variable 'animator' but it does.

I've also noticed that on play in a prefab these two have been jumbled in a state. So variable 'animator' is now where 'owner' is supposed to be a vice versa. I've never changed these variables only copy pasted an action with a variable 'owner' attached in each fsm.

Unity 2018.4.8f1
Playmaker 190.p18

Regards,
Josh

Update: If I drag the effected prefab into scene and edit instance fsm it appears these two gameobject variables have been jumbled but when I open the prefab in the prefab editor it seems fine. I tried to reassign the gameobjects but it seems to ignore the change, even if I edit the instance fsm and overwrite the changes on the prefab.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:22:34 AM by autumnboy »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
Did you try to save the project.

I noticed that sometimes changes on prefabs are not registered when the Project is not yet saved.

Even when you saved the prefab

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Thanks, I saved it closed unity and reopened it and its not bringing up any errors.

Although when I drag the prefab into the scene it automatically has instance changes.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.

Hmm never had instance changes that are not applied by the override yet.

Could you try on a new project if you can reproduce the issue, and if so how to reproduce it?

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Yep, when I get a chance I will.

Cheers.
Josh