playMaker

Author Topic: VFX loses color when i play the game  (Read 1405 times)

Handrews

• Playmaker Newbie
  • 3D Artist & Game Developer
    • Thetra Games Artstation
VFX loses color when i play the game
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:09:44 AM »
Hi,

First of all, i know that this forum its only for questions about Playmaker, but i can't get any response in the Unity forum...

The problem i have is that the blue fire vfx i have in my scene loses color and turns grey when i play the game...im attaching some screenshots of the problem.

daniellogin

Re: VFX loses color when i play the game
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
1) You need to look up how to set up your editor window graphics compared to the actual game graphics settings. You want to ensure that everything is trying to display at the same quality.

This can vary a little depending on your Unity version.

2) Not only can the graphical quality setting be different for your editor, but there are also general view settings too. For example in your first screenshot if you look right up the top, under where it says Asset Store, there is a sun like icon which is selected. This says that you are viewing the lighting in the scene editor. If you turn that off, everything is evenly visible with no light or shadows.

3) Is this a particle? They normally don't show in the editor unless you have them selected, yet I can see them all and no selection indicators. I don't know what to make of that, but have you actually seen these objects working properly before? Are you sure that's not just how they are once they start playing? What happens when you click on them in the editor and press the particle play or restart button?