playMaker

Author Topic: Old Ecosystem Bug Breaks Playmaker  (Read 1525 times)

DCM2099

• Playmaker Newbie
Old Ecosystem Bug Breaks Playmaker
« on: July 08, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »
Hi all,

This is apparently an old bug - I enabled beta features by mistake from the settings menu in the ecosystem browser, and got the error:

"Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.WWW' to 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.Utils.WWW'"

Following the suggestions in this thread, https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=15525.0 I deleted the net.fabrejean folder and then attempted to reinstall ecosystem from the latest unitypackage.

Everything seemed to go ok, but once I shut down and restarted the project the PlayMaker menu entry on the main menu toolbar is gone, as well as the editor window. It's kind of killed PlayMaker in my project.

Unity version: 2019.3.11f1 Personal
PlayMaker: 1.9.0p18
Ecosystem: 0.6.8 (I think? I can't verify)

Any suggestions?

Cheers

DCM2099

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Old Ecosystem Bug Breaks Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:08:55 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention the

"Assets\net.fabrejean\Editor\PlayMaker\Ecosystem\EcosystemBrowser.cs(2441,16): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.WWW' to 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.Utils.WWW'"

bug is still there, which means I can't even play the project.

DCM2099

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 11:26:26 PM »
Update
=====

I still don't fully understand why this issue nuked the Playmaker menu, but for those who have experienced the same issue here's how I fixed it:

1. Open your project and then from the File Menu, hit Build Settings.

2. In the build settings menu, hit Player Settings...

3. Select the Player tab in the menu on the right

4. In the 'Scripting Define Symbols' entry, scroll through the text and delete any entry with "PLAYMAKER_ECOSYSTEM_BETA". Press enter after the entry has been deleted or it will not save.

5. Playmaker should bring itself back to life.

Strange error. I would disable the enable beta features from the ecosystem settings until this is fixed. Additional note, when I initially clicked the enable beta features, Ecosystem did it's usual "Unity is Compiling" thing and then pushed the error to the console. Either before or after the error was in the console, enable beta features was not able to be disabled (there was no checkmark next to the entry or anything to indicate it had even enabled itself correctly).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:28:03 PM by DCM2099 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 02:19:47 AM »
Hi,

yes beta features should not be used right now.

Bye

Jean