playMaker

Author Topic: Error entering variable-still has X,Y,Z inputs-SOLVED  (Read 798 times)

cdo1955

• Playmaker Newbie
Error entering variable-still has X,Y,Z inputs-SOLVED
« on: October 11, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »
I'm following a video tutorial to set the player to move to where the mouse clicks.
In the "Playmaker tutorial" photo below, the teacher has set a variable called Mouse Position in the Store Point slot. There are no inputs for X,Y or Z locations.
But  look below at the "Playmaker issue" photo. When I enter the variable name in the Store Point slot I still have X,Y and Z inputs showing zero underneath. When I execute the FSM the play goes to 0,0,0 every time.
Also when I try to another action and change from X,Y,Z to a variable input I still have the X,Y,Z boxes under the variable name. It has never worked this way before.
The X,Y,Z inputs override the variable inputs. Whats going on????
I'm using Playmaker 1.9.0 P4, which is the latest i can down load from the store, and Unity 2019.2.81f.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:00:17 PM by cdo1955 »

cdo1955

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Error entering variable-still has X,Y,Z inputs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 08:00:47 PM »
The reason that mouse pick was not working is that the MainCamera HAS to be tagged as MainCamera. The other issue was just the debug box showing the variable input which was zero since my camera was not tagged correctly. That is not in the official documentation any where and it certainly should be.
So this is solved.