playMaker

Author Topic: Cant track finger touches  (Read 5131 times)

Spiffy664

• Playmaker Newbie
Cant track finger touches
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »
Things that store / track things (finger touch count) don't work. There is nothing in the drop down menu :(

I am trying to follow the tutorial to get an object to "track" your finger e.g. update the location of the object to the position of the finger each frame so I can drag things around. So far in things like store position, store x, store y, none of these have drop downs, they just say "None" and I can click the box next to it and enter a typed value, but this has achieved pretty much nothing...

Thoughts? solutions? is my playmaker installed wrong? I have tried creating a new project, reimporting playmaker, etc, still hasn't solved problems.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Cant track finger touches
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:09 AM »
Hi,

ok, it's quite simple actually. when it says "none" in a field, it means it expects you to select a variable you have created on that fsm or a global variable.

so, in the playmaker inspector, select the "Variables" tab, and create a new variable of the type you want ( likely a vector3). then go back to the "State" view and your action, and then you can pick it by clicking on the "none" field.

If there is nothing listed there, it means you don't have any variable of the expected type available.

bye,

Jean

Spiffy664

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply jean, you are extremely helpful to the playmaker community.

What should I do to get the variables found in so that when I touch an object it follows the finger?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:07 AM »
Hi,

I made a working touch and drag system that you can find here:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2253.msg9972#msg9972

In there, you'll find the right combination of touch actions to get the current touch position and drag objects around

bye,

Jean