playMaker

Author Topic: The old "cant install" problem [SOLVED]  (Read 2293 times)

vonknut

• Playmaker Newbie
The old "cant install" problem [SOLVED]
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
General problem: Downloaded and installed on computer, files showing up, but nothing in menu and can't open editor (no "playmakergui" element appears in scene etc.)

Stuff I have tried:

Delete, restart, download and import, restart => does not work
Install into new project = works => open old projects => does not appear in menu
Copy all folders from old projet to new project => works in new project => copy all back in old project (incl. playmaker folders) => still does not work
Check if compiler errors at scene load (old project)= there was, fixed them, then restart => still does not work
Check that its the newest version of unity (using 3.5.5.f2).

Any ideas?

Apart from this issue, playmaker is great, just not on this computer....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:48:39 AM by vonknut »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: The old "cant install" problem, tried most
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
Hi,

not sure what is going on but the playmakerGUI gameObject doesn't come up automatically, you have to add it from the playmaker menu. you do have the playmaker menu right? and what exactly is happening when you import the playmaker asset from the asset store?

bye,

Jean

vonknut

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: The old "cant install" problem, tried most
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:21:11 AM »
Well, the playmaker menu does not appear at all (only in the "components" but when I add a fsm and gui component to a empty game prefab, then edit the fsm / gui, it does no bring up the editor => opens mono developer).

And when I import, it downloads, ask which files I should import, the folders appears in the root of the project and so forth. Also the .dll files appears fine in the root and editor folders.
So its like its there, but unity doesn't register it...

vonknut

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: The old "cant install" problem, tried most [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:48:15 AM »
I lied, it was compiler errors.
-fixed and it appeard fine....