playMaker

Author Topic: Question on how to approach 3rd person Wall Running  (Read 868 times)

paradiseprime

Question on how to approach 3rd person Wall Running
« on: January 03, 2020, 03:12:04 AM »
https://streamable.com/q0ihs This video shows the example of what I am aiming for. In this clip I am only holding either left or right but the character moves in an
"S" shape instead of just moving instantly from left to right.

A similar thing is also done for the "On Ground" walking/running where they will do an "S" shape instead of hard turning. I was able to do this on the ground with little to no trouble. For the ground I have "Smooth Look At Direction" at a speed of 2 and use "Set Velocity" set to Self and using the Magnitude from "Get Axis Vector" to move the character on the Z axis. I can control how hard the turn speed will be by adjusting the Speed value of "Smooth Look At Direction" but I cant do the same when on the wall.

I am able to orient my player to the wall with "Smooth Look At Direction" and move then but the current movement with using the vector 3 from "Get Axis Vector" is too rigid and isnt working.

I saw this person doing something similar to me in UE4 and tried to follow along with Playmaker but havent been able to replicate it.