playMaker

Author Topic: Input System Actions (Git Install)  (Read 19462 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Unity Input System [In Preview] Actions
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:56 AM »
Are you using some 2020 beta?

colpolstudios

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »
No, I am using the normal standard version.

But I have not on this project for some time.

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
Hello everyone. Apologies for not updating this package in a while. I am currently transferring this to a "PackageManager" package that you can just install using the package manager. I have also improved this action set so you can use it with the player input component...making it compatible with the player manager. Will post by end of week. Thanks for your patience.

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Input System Actions (Git Install)
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »
I have updated this package to a git install. You can install now using the package manager and this address: https://gitlab.com/toomasio/playmakerinputsystemactions.git

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 06:08:34 AM »
Hi.
I didn't know yet that you could do a git install.

Maybe the Ecosystem could be added with this as well as you probably can do this in code as well.

if so it could install the latest version of the Ecosystem automatically (with some confirm popups)

For the action package, maybe jean can give access to the Ecosystem Action github.

i will ping Jean to have a look :)

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »
Hi.
I didn't know yet that you could do a git install.

Maybe the Ecosystem could be added with this as well as you probably can do this in code as well.

if so it could install the latest version of the Ecosystem automatically (with some confirm popups)

For the action package, maybe jean can give access to the Ecosystem Action github.

i will ping Jean to have a look :)

Yeah if they want to add these to the ecosystem I have no problem with that. I am currently migrating a bunch of tools, I have made for educational purposes, to separate packages on my gitlab for free. It's just easier for me to update things this way vs doing it through the custom actions repo. I plan on adding more of the neat API functions from the input system showcased here:

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »
Update Nov 27, 2020: Base systems cleanup. Added Enable/Disable actions for maps and actions. Added a rebind action.

colpolstudios

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 04:17:40 PM »
Hello, I am unsure how to install it.

Could you possibly give some instructions, please?

Oh, whats the oldest version of unity that supports the new input system?

It was on preview in older versions of Unity, but possibly those versions do not work with your package?

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »
Hello, I am unsure how to install it.

Could you possibly give some instructions, please?

Oh, whats the oldest version of unity that supports the new input system?

It was on preview in older versions of Unity, but possibly those versions do not work with your package?

Installation instructions are in the repo link.
Plenty of other tutorials on youtube for the new input system as well.
I am unsure what other Unity versions are compatible with the new input system but I think it is 2019 and up.

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 09:56:46 PM »
Hello,

I have created custom actions for the Input System.

Whenever I add the URL and press add it doesn't do anything, Do I need to restart unity after that?

Whenever I paste the link to the package manager and press add it doesn't do anything.. Do I need to restart unity?

You can install these actions using this git address and the package manager:

https://gitlab.com/toomasio/playmakerinputsystemactions.git

To update the package, delete the 'packages-lock.json' file in your UnityProject\Packages

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »
Hello,

I have created custom actions for the Input System.

Whenever I add the URL and press add it doesn't do anything, Do I need to restart unity after that?

Whenever I paste the link to the package manager and press add it doesn't do anything.. Do I need to restart unity?

You can install these actions using this git address and the package manager:

https://gitlab.com/toomasio/playmakerinputsystemactions.git

To update the package, delete the 'packages-lock.json' file in your UnityProject\Packages

Hello. Any errors pop up in the console? Make sure you have GIT installed on your computer, then restart unity. https://git-scm.com/download/win

buharestmen

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 06:06:20 AM »
Can anyone explain how to use this actions to configuring new input system to work with touch (swipe, tap etc)? Thanks!

Adam Z

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 08:39:23 PM »
I have updated this package to a git install. You can install now using the package manager and this address: https://gitlab.com/toomasio/playmakerinputsystemactions.git
Hey Digitom, I got everything working... thanks for this! How am I able to get the input from the joystick? I tired using 'Input System Read Vector2 Value' and assigned a vector2 variable, but it's not working. Is there another Action I should use? Thanks!

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 12:37:46 PM »
Hey Digitom, I got everything working... thanks for this! How am I able to get the input from the joystick? I tired using 'Input System Read Vector2 Value' and assigned a vector2 variable, but it's not working. Is there another Action I should use? Thanks!

Hello. I have not fully tested this for XR input use, but I am pretty sure the new Input System just spits out either a Float Value, Vector2 Value, or Button(bool) value from the action input. One of these should work if the action asset is set up properly. I also noticed you have an Index of of range error. Might be a good idea to open up the console to see if this is interfearing with other logic.

Adam Z

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2021, 08:28:00 PM »
Anyone getting Vector2's when using these Actions? If so, could you post a screenshot of your setup please? I'm able to get the buttons to work, but I'm having trouble getting my Oculus joysticks to output the data. Thanks.