playMaker

Author Topic: Unity Input System [In Preview] Actions  (Read 526 times)

Digitom

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Unity Input System [In Preview] Actions
« on: March 11, 2020, 02:59:49 PM »
Hello,

I am not sure if there are any input actions here yet so I decided to make some simple ones. I know Thore was looking into this in another thread.

These work as long as you set up your input action asset file.

I may be adding to this an improving and will update here

Thore

• View Profile
Re: Unity Input System [In Preview] Actions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »
Fantastic. Thanks for that!

Odd_But_Awesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Odd but Awesome
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 05:25:51 AM »
Hi Digitom,

Thanks for taking the time to make those actions.

I was wondering if you had the same experience as myself with the Read Bool Value while using a gamepad (I am using a Logitech F310). It seems to flicker true/false while the joystick is rotated around the extremeties of movement (Bool_Flicker.PNG). Pushing in one direction continuously is fine (the read is solid) but for example - going from full forwards and adding some turn to the sides it flickers all the while the stick is moving.

Cheers
JG

Check out my games & VR Cardboard titles at https://oddbutawesome.weebly.com/apps-new.html

Broken Stylus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:30:32 AM »
Quote from: Odd_But_Awesome
I was wondering if you had the same experience as myself with the Read Bool Value while using a gamepad (I am using a Logitech F310). It seems to flicker true/false while the joystick is rotated around the extremeties of movement (Bool_Flicker.PNG). Pushing in one direction continuously is fine (the read is solid) but for example - going from full forwards and adding some turn to the sides it flickers all the while the stick is moving.

Is it flickering because of changes in the stick rotation only when pushed to the edge?

Odd_But_Awesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Odd but Awesome
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »
It is flickering anytime the joystick (tried both L & R) is not at 0 and is moved around continuously. At 0 it reads a steady 'False' (as it should). Held at any direction at max I get a steady 'True' (as it should). But anytime the stick is in motion the flickering occurs. Like the rotating the stick in circles to all corners at full extents for calibration.

My character seems to be moving smoothly but that could be due to early stages, no optimisation required yet, its just a box. decent PC speed etc.

Check out my games & VR Cardboard titles at https://oddbutawesome.weebly.com/apps-new.html

Broken Stylus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:22:34 AM »
Might be a sensitivity thingy.
If this doesn't affect the smoothness of the character, maybe it's not a big issue. If it returns and proves annoying during the beta, perhaps you will have to keep an eye on the stick's movement and angle manually, that is, ignore the flickering when you are above certain values and do the float comparisons yourself as a measure of precaution.

UEP

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 02:59:14 AM »
@Digitom Thank you so much for this. I'm getting the MVP done for a multiplayer RPG and I've wanted the ease of the new input system and Playmaker in one. I'm grateful you've done this and I hope you continue to develop these actions out in the future.