playMaker

Author Topic: Congrats screen, next level, cover the whole screen? [SOLVED]  (Read 1270 times)

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
After a level is finished, I'd like to have a new "screen" that covers the whole screen... On this screen I'd like to have a congrats of sorts, next level, going back to menu /start and play again.

I can do all of those things, but what I don't know how to do, or which action to choose, is how do I get this new "screen" to cover the whole screen? I don't know if I'm making sense.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:50:39 AM by Maddy »
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Congrats screen, next level, cover the whole screen?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 10:05:21 AM »
This is just to show what I mean  :)

The way I have it now is, when a level is finished, an arrow is created and leads to the next screen. The problem is that when the player zooms in you might not see the arrow, because it spawns off screen, if the player is zoomed in in another area.

I would like a "Win screen" to spawn in the middle of the screen, regardless of where the camera is and to cover the whole screen. Plus the underlying level is no longer clickable.
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:17:20 AM »
Hi.
Use canvas and screen space 'overlay'

add a panel and set a background
then add buttons for home/replay/next and set images to it

(you can find the object/components in UI)

for the actions search for example : Ui Button On Click Event
for this action in 'Game Object' place the button object

when that button is clicked and you are in the state where the action is, it should trigger

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
Thanks djaydino for your explanation. Let's see if I can explain what it is I need help with.

I know how to do the "screen" itself. I want it to pop up when the level is finished. At the moment I have a simple arrow/graphic with a box collider, just for simplicity. I have the action Create game object, the arrow....

Something just dawned on me... Earlier I had a panel pop up, but then I didn't have the zoom and then I changed it so that I only had the arrow.

Maybe if I use a panel as a pop up it will place itself in the middle of the screen, even though I'm zoomed in. I'll try that.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 02:42:50 PM »
Hi on finished you Can activate the 'popup' gameobject, by using 'activate game object'.
Don't create this at runtime. you should minimize using create/destroy as it leaves garbage and is cpu heavy.

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Thanks dino, that's just what I thought of using, I haven't had a chance to try it all out yet. Really appreciate your help!

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 03:49:16 AM »
Thanks dino, that helped!

For those who might also wonder about this, activating a panel, will place it in the centre of the screen, if that's where you want it, even if you're zoomed in and off centre.

I had a game object/sprite created in the scene, but if the player was zoomed in he might not see the sprite.