playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger Event using XR Inputs  (Read 3449 times)

Adam Z

Trigger Event using XR Inputs
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
Does anyone know where the XR Input Manager setup is in Unity? I looked at the https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/xr_input.html on it, and when I use a 'Get Button Down' and set it to 'Grip' since I'm using Oculus it doesn't play the next Event. I believe my Button Names are incorrect, but I'm not sure where to find them.

Or maybe there are Actions that I can download too?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:53:38 PM by Adam Z »

Adam Z

Re: Trigger Event using XR Inputs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 01:23:25 PM »
I guess not a lot of people use Playmaker for VR.

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »
Plenty of people are using PlayMaker for VR, myself included.

However most are using the various SteamVR or Oculus packages found on the asset store for button input and not XR.

I use some XR actions for setting HMD refresh rate but that's about it.

Adam Z

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »
 I picked up an Oculus Asset too so that works. I thought the Input Manager would have something setup to call buttons, but everyone I talked with said that isn't the case for now.

abend

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 11:27:56 PM »
Found this by dumbgamedev (that's his name I'm not calling him names!)
I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of functionality is there.

https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=22160.0

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 04:18:58 AM »
How dare you!?  8)

Yeah, that is me. Its in a game that is out in Beta right now. So it appears to be all working.

Adam Z

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
How dare you!?  8)

Yeah, that is me. Its in a game that is out in Beta right now. So it appears to be all working.
I'll give it a try, thanks.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 09:17:04 AM »
Hit me up on the slack channel if you need any assistance with it. I am there almost every day.

Adam Z

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 09:20:19 AM »
Hit me up on the slack channel if you need any assistance with it. I am there almost every day.
Will do, thanks.

Adam Z

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 11:37:24 PM »
Hey, I never used Slack before, but I was a bit confused on how it works. I saw a 'playmaker-assistance' channel, but I wasn't sure if I need to look for you or just post my question and you'll eventually see it...

Anyways, I downloaded your actions and added them to a custom folder I created. I'm not sure if that's the correct way to add them or not. If it is, I'm getting a variety of errors (see attached).  Any thoughts on those?

I'm running Unity 2019.4.of1, and 3.2.12 of the XR Plugin Manager. Reading your Tutorials section on Github, I'm a bit confused on how to set this up.  There is no longer the 'XRControllerInput.cs' script.  If I create a Stationary XR Rig that comes from Unity, it automatically adds the 'XR Interaction Manager'.  I probably need some other scripts too. Would you mind walking me through that?

Thanks for your help.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
Hi, I see you on the channel. Basically feel free to jump into any sub channel and chat. To get someone specific, type @ and then a username. Eg @tcmeric (that's me).

It looks like you are missing one script that is required from my package. It acts as a proxy script. Therefore it should be in your scene on one gameobject. It then has a few settings to fillout.

Basically, download the whole github package as a zip. De-zip it and put it into your assets folder. You can use any subfolder. But you do need to include everything :)

I tagged you in slack. See you there later!

Adam Z

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
It looks like you are missing one script that is required from my package. It acts as a proxy script. Therefore it should be in your scene on one gameobject. It then has a few settings to fillout.
Thanks, I'll give it another go tonight!