playMaker

Author Topic: Loss of Globals  (Read 3500 times)

u0204909

• Playmaker Newbie
Loss of Globals
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »
I am currently using the 1.4.4b3 version of Playmaker. I have been experiencing sudden losses of globals. For example, I reference a global GameObject variable called player_in_turn from many in scene FSMs as well as prefab FSMs. It has always worked fine until out of a sudden recently, this global variable has been disappearing occasionally from the globals list, and the FSM would either target no variable or another variable. I usually do not save the scene, restart Unity and it gets restored. This time however, I accidentally saved the scene and now the global variables are behaving very weirdly. I had to reassign the lost global reference in numerous FSMs which wasted a lot of time. Worse, right now, a lot of my prefabs and in scene game objects lose the reference during runtime. Before runtime, they are referencing the global, the moment I hit runtime, they disappear. It is frustrating as I do not know where the problem lies and there is no way to debug. Can anyone help me out here? Anyone knows what might have caused this problem? Is it the caching of variables in Playmaker?

And just to be clear I was not referencing the scene object from the prefab directly. I am referencing a variable in the FSM's actions that searches for the scene object at runtime. But the FSM loses it's "connection" to the variable at runtime. Before runtime, player_in_turn is used by 55 GameObjects (both scene and prefabs). At runtime, player_in_turn is used by 24 GameObjects.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:36:14 PM by u0204909 »

Andrew.Lukasik

• my twitter @andrewlukasik
Re: Loss of Globals
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »
I have similar problems. Sometimes (few times) I lost one of my Global Variables in every fsm. I found it renamed to "", naming it doesn't help. Downloading previous Globals from Asset Server is only help.
I have no idea how to reproduce it or how it happens

u0204909

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »
Alex is working on fixing this bug at the moment :)

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:54:01 AM »
Also experiencing some weird globals issues. Things randomly unlinking and renaming to the name of other globals etc.

DARK_ETERNAL

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:50:30 AM »
I had an issue like this, but importing globals in Unity 4. Already submitted a bug report. Hope Chouls and his team solve this ASAP.
Check out our new game: Nitro Chimp. Now live in App Store!

Trailer:
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/app/nitro-chimp/id557150450?l=en&mt=8

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
I think erroneous renaming might be occurring when I change the value in an FSM from one global to another, seems to change the global name to that of the other.

Edit: Also realised that changing a global variable in one FSM changes the same referenced variable in another FSM to the same new global.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:20:25 AM by marcos »