playMaker

Author Topic: Preprocess Prefab FSMs in Build  (Read 2506 times)

hg2games

• Playmaker Newbie
Preprocess Prefab FSMs in Build
« on: May 29, 2020, 04:31:22 AM »
Hello
can you help me please solve this problem, when i did build apk in unity everything was normal, since yesterday i created 20 big prefabs, now when i build apk i get a loading that says it is finding for playmaker prefabs, then it takes too long create build apk, i also tried (Preprocess Prefab FSMs in Build), but it doesn't work, it takes too long prefabs find,
Modify message

Budde88

Re: Preprocess Prefab FSMs in Build
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »
I know right? My build times were about 10 - 15 mins on my computer before I added prefabs. Now the build time is around 65 - 70 mins. I have 15 prefabs with FSMs and it is killing my build time and progress. How can we fix this?

Budde88

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »
I’m lucky if it builds sometimes to be honest, I have failed to build my last 3 attempts. Unity crashes while it’s preprocessing prefab FSMs. Is there anyway to uncheck this step?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 08:37:44 AM »
Hi.
65 - 70 mins is very long.

We have tons of prefabs but our build takes around 15 min, also so far no crashes during build.
if you have a back up try removing some of the prefabs to see which one has issues.
Does the prefab use sub prefabs and how large are the prefabs (does it have lots of items/fsms in it)

When it crashes you can also check the log file to see why it crashed

in Playmaker/tools i know you can manually do preprocess but i do know know if you can disable it.
As i believe its something necessary.

In our project we have around 200 (nested) Prefabs, but build takes about 15 min (for PC and Mac)

May i ask why you made this "Big" prefabs?

Dsc

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »
Hi Budde88, we’re you able to resolve the issue you were experiencing with FSMs and prefabs?
I’m experiencing something similar.

DSC

jojoblaze

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 03:20:14 AM »
I'm getting an error in build too. I have a prefab with Mirror components attached. It seems prefab processing does something weird. It seems it try to instantiate the prefab, but it looks for an active scene and crash. Is it possible to disable prefab processing?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 09:27:51 AM »
Hi.
Prefab process is a must else you will have broken prefabs.

what error do you get?

Do you have Get/Set Properties actions in your project?
If so you might need to use Linker Wizard
or replace with dedicated actions