playMaker

Author Topic: Smooth Look at - Character aim issue.  (Read 1234 times)

san

• Junior Playmaker
Smooth Look at - Character aim issue.
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
Hi all ~!
I am having an issue with character body rotate automatically in weird position for aiming.

I use "Smooth look at" Game object is "Ribs/upper body" target object is "Empty box" front of character. when i click play, it just start to rotate automatically.

is there a way to fix it? I sent out a few email to people who are doing youtube tutorial and no one respond me. so i posted it here and see if anyone can help me with this issue. i snapped an image here so you can look at it.

https://ibb.co/Bqf2G0S

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Smooth Look at - Character aim issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 02:41:56 AM »
Hi,

it could be many thins unfortunatly... first I would make a test rig with just cubes and dummies and make sure I get the look at working properly, it looks like the up axis of the look at is wrong.

BYe,

Jean

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »
Hi Jeanfabre ! thanks for the reply. so i found out the character hip rotation is in wrong orientation. Thats why it was rotation in weird position in smooth look at.

But i am how can i know before i buy character package from Unity asset store... character joints axis are in correct way? is there a way to see before buy it?

if character joints are in wrong axis then is it possible to fix it in playmaker?

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 07:22:48 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatly, it's difficult to check content of assets before purchase.

I can't really say if you can alter a character joint, it may be possible but if that transform has some effect on the skinnnedmesh, then you are going to affect the skin as you modify that joint...

you could however, create a dummy and set it up so that it looks at where you want, and if you can parent that joint to this dummy then you can get back to a normal behavior because you have one layer of indirection between the look at and the joint to give you the chance to correct the rotation.

Bye,

Jean