playMaker

Author Topic: Global variables window interface problem  (Read 1189 times)

secondsight

• Playmaker Newbie
Global variables window interface problem
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »
So, since unity 2018.3 on I had a bug where I could not type more then one letter / number in the playmaker editor window text input fields. After a single keyboard input, the playmaker editor window was not active anymore. Instead, the scene view was active.
This happened quite random and I was never able to reproduce it. It also did not happen in some projects.

Today I found the reason for that: The global variables window causes this bug. And it only happens in projects where I use playmaker.

Whenever I click into the global variable window and making it active, the above described happens. When the window is not open all works fine.
I have mostly docked the window in my layout. But when it´s free floating somewhere else and I hit play, the window even vanishes.

So, something seems to be off with the variables window. Is this a know bug or is it just me? I also happens on my other machines, by the way.
Haven´t found anything related yet so I thought I post here.

edit: Unity 2019.3.13f1 and latest playmaker version. But it happend also in older unity and playmaker versions.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:44:51 AM by secondsight »

Reactorcore

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Global variables window interface problem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
I want to bump this since I too encountered it - in Unity 2018.4.23f1 / Playmaker 1.9.20.

I had global vars in a tab and actions browser in a tab. Not as a seperate window.
I was putting in the name of a state in an FSM when suddenly as I typed the word "mode", I managed to get "mo" written, but as soon as I pressed "d", the focus when to scene view and turned on whatever unity's D hotkey does.

During this I noticed the actions browser tab react to this event. Heres how it looks like on my screen:

(btw this project is in very early stages, barely started.)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Global variables window interface problem
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:33:41 PM »
Hi.
Best solution for now is to remove the Globals window.

You should also try to minimize using Globals.

To communicate with other fsms, you can use Get / Set Fsm Actions.

This is a count on our current project, it has only 14 Global Variables :)
(they are all game Object variables btw)