playMaker

Author Topic: Managing Objects (not GameObjects)  (Read 612 times)

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
Managing Objects (not GameObjects)
« on: June 12, 2020, 08:27:25 PM »
Hey! I'm looking for the best way to managing Objects with PlayMaker. I have hundreds of Playable files (Timeline Objects) which are literally Objects. I can refer to them as Object variables, sorting in default Object Arrays, and so on. But... there are hundreds of them and I need some way to manage and reference.

1. I can't load them by filename from /Resource folder (which is weird, because it seems possible from C# code but not from Playmaker). But anyway Resource concept will be deprecated from unity soon or less, so not a factor.

2. I can't put them by drag-n-drop to ArrayMaker Hashtable, which should be a perfect way in my opinion, because there is no prefill type: Objects in Playmaker Hashtable Proxy. (that seems fair, cos usually objects is not something that has file representation)

So, what should I do? I could put them one by one to ArrayMaker Hashtable via action HashTableAddMany. It's doable, but well... when you have hundreds of them it will be quite a challenge to fill this small action window correctly. Maybe something else I could do? Maybe some database management unity assets that will work with Playables Objects?
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com