playMaker

Author Topic: Problems with some FSM actions  (Read 702 times)

Plasmafuchs

• Playmaker Newbie
Problems with some FSM actions
« on: June 24, 2020, 12:00:10 AM »
Hey guys,
totally beginner here, so please forgive me for an incredible beginner questions. I already searched for a solution anywhere and also asked my teacher on Skillshare about this problem, but I just can't find a solution.

So I currently use the Student Version from PlayMaker as I want to learn the basics and make some games, before I make this hobby more serious. I started with game developing just a week ago, so I'm a total beginner.

So I am following the Skillshare course about Playmaker and started with the Unity Version 2019.4.0f1 and installed the Playmaker Version Unity2018.3.PlaymakerStudent.1.9.0.p20 as per Instructions, this Version is to use for Unity Versions 2018.3 and above.

It all went fine, everything worked until the update to Unity 2019.4.1f1. Since then the commands like Translate or Rotate are not working anymore. But the command "Change color light" still works. In the stage of the tutorial, where I am right now, we just went trough this 3 commands, so I can't say which other commands work or not.

When I start a new project and install Playmaker, a error message appears but vanishes after restart of Unity: ibb.co/fpVcSJs

Here you can see how I setup the actions, which also worked before the update: www.loom.com/share/45f05a94ce814b70ac4ac8e3c016189e

Here I also added the Rotation action: https://www.loom.com/share/0d665fa1b8e841368a7ad3502fb2d54b

I also tested it with doing only the Translate Action. Or tell the game, it only should go to the next state, after clicking on the cube (like the guy in the beginner debugging tutorial said).

Nothing seems to work and after sitting on the problem since 2 days, I just can't find a solution on what I am doing wrong.

Can you give some advice please?